Standing Stone is a well-established land architecture company located in Springfield, VT., and we’re expanding our team. We design, build, and restore custom stonework while focusing on traditional craftsmanship and building practices that last for generations. We’re seeking an experienced and reliable individual to fill an open position for Field Operations Manager. A great opportunity for the right candidate to join a stable growing company working on a wide array of projects.
This position will have the opportunity to become part of a dynamic company and as a result have exposure to many aspects of landscape development, restoration, design, masonry, stonework and more. The ideal candidate would be creative and focused: aspire greatness: and be open to putting in the extra effort when needed to see a project through. We are excited about this position and look forward to having this individual join our team.
The position is Full-Time (40 hours). During peak periods extended workdays and weeks may be required to meet business needs.
The compensation for this position is $25 – $35 per hour, based on experience. We also provide benefits, including paid holidays, paid time off, and winter flex time.
• Operating excavation equipment
• Hand landscape construction work (shovel, rake, hoe, etc.)
• Loading and unloading tools
• Material handling
• Pre-shaping stones (saws, drills, hammers)
• Assisting with stone work
• Operating truck with trailer (below CDL weight)
• Keeping trailer and shop organized
• Equipment maintenance
Additional work could include:
• Saw milling lumber (Winter)
• Chainsaw work/firewood
• A collaborative and professional work ethic
• Ability to provide solutions efficiently and creatively
• Can be self-directed
• Experience in the building trade(s) is a plus
• Ability to lift up to 125lbs and can work physically hard throughout the day
• Experience operating various types of excavation equipment (excavator, loader, etc.)
• Good eye for detail
• Safety conscious
• Is someone who likes to build things
• Critical thinking and planning
• Experience with mechanics, and or metal work is a plus
• Experience working with stone is a plus
• DSWA-GB Level 1 certification is a plus
o 1 Year minimum of relevant work experience (includes: construction, farming, building, carpentry, etc)
o Interest in a position with a wide range of tasks
o Able to travel for some jobs
o Ability to obtain or have a DOT Medical Card
o Must have a valid driver’s license as well as transportation
o Someone who wants to work outside, and enjoys physical work
o Must be a non-smoker
o Ability to acquire a CDL License in the future
o 3 or more years of relevant experience
Standing Stone is committed to fostering a truly diverse workforce that is inclusive of everyone. Individuals of all backgrounds (people of color, people in the LGBTQ+ community, and women) are encouraged to apply.